Embedded Applications Engineer
Embedded Applications Engineer required on a permanent basis for a Swindon based organisation, working within their technical team. As an Embedded Application Engineer, you will work as part of an agile Software Engineering team to analyse, design, develop, debug and test leading industry applications. As an Embedded Applications Engineer, you can expect the following remuneration package:
- Basic Salary of up to £60,000
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working / Flexible Start and Finish times
- Pension Scheme
As an Embedded Applications Engineer, your day-to-day role will consist of but will not be limited to:
- Work closely with other team members and project managers to ensure alignment and coordinated development, also providing delivery estimates for planning.
- Analysis, design, development, debugging and unit-testing of leading-edge applications, following Agile based software lifecycles to ensure successful introduction into production and end customers.
- Architect and design new features, and create detailed technical specifications.
- Provide third level support to business users and analyse and resolve any technical and application problems
- Comply with company’s quality procedures to meet expectations of product quality and reliability.
- Where necessary, to provide reasonable support to other departments within the company.
To apply for the Embedded Applications Engineer vacancy, you must possess the following skills / experience:
- Practical design and development experience in an embedded C/C++ RTOS environment, including MQX
- Strong command of the C language and considerations specific to embedded systems.
- Experience of embedded microcontroller development and ARM based processors.
- Good understanding and experience of device driver development.
- Experience with communications interfaces; SPI, I2C, UART, Ethernet.
- Knowledge of electromechanical devices and how to control them using software.
- Experience of working on platforms with limited resources and requiring low power consumption.
- Development of application and user interface features, providing varied functionality required of the end product (e.g. driving user journeys through the user interface and high level payment systems)
- Good knowledge of configuration management and control practices.
- Application development in desktop environment using MS Windows.
- Disciplined in Software Version Control.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in applying for the Embedded Applications Engineer, please click apply below.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.