Linux Systems Engineer
This exciting and innovative tech business is looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to be responsible for managing a broad range of technologies supporting large data and ecommerce platforms.
Responsibilities span day-to-day operational support and transformational projects as part of our cloud migration roadmap. This new role joins a small high-performance team contributing to and delivering effective change at pace with a focus on integrated architecture, ensuring systems remain stable, available and performant.
The successful applicant will form a key part of the technology team responsible for cloud migration delivering innovative technical and process change. This spans the Azure technology stack and as such the applicant will have an opportunity to develop and train to meet evolving skills demand.
The successful Linux Systems Engineer will have/be;
- Strong knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu & CentOS)
- Proficient experience of web servers (Oracle Glassfish or other similar)
- Automation familiarity (TeamCity, Ansible, Git)
- Operational knowledge with virtual platforms (VMware)
- Practical exposure to big data processes (transfer, ingress, egress & processing)
Also of interest;
- Experience with load balancers (HA Proxy)
- Any experience with ZFS with Linux
- Database experience (Postgres, SQL)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft web stack (Windows & IIS)
If you think you could be a good fit for this role and you have the relevant skills needed to become a good Linux Systems Engineer then send your CV across ASAP!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.