Software Technical Author – Fully Remote
A great new opportunity has become live for a Software Technical Author to join an established business having the responsibility for the creation and maintenance of product documentation used both internally and by customers all over the world.
You’ll be working within a team consisting of Developers as well as Testers and Product Managers who ensure we deliver high-quality products.
A lot of our discussions about strategy and product direction take place in the open and we actively solicit and respect input; we encourage all members of the team to take part in both technical and process related discussions to ensure we improve ourselves, our software and our processes.
- Create user manuals, FAQs and other technical documentation as part of the product release process
- Engaging with the development team and business stakeholders to ensure relevant documentation is produced
- Editing and proof-reading documentation created by others before publishing
- Review existing documentation to ensure it is still correct
- Develop, introduce and communicate the guidelines for documentation to ensure all technical information is consistent, correct and professional
- Represent and understand the end-users to ensure product features are clearly communicated
- Previous experience within a Technical Author role or equivalent, specifically regarding software product documentation
- Familiarity with technical concepts (such as databases, networks, Windows Server) to discuss documentation requirements with technical teams
- First-class verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including at Developer, Functional Consultant, IT Infrastructure, end-user and process owner levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for building relationships with key stakeholders
The successful candidate can expect a salary of £30k - £38k and a range of excellent benefits
If you are an ambitious Software Technical Author seeking a challenging role where you can make a real impact and progress through the ranks then apply NOW!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.