Head of IT - Swindon
Head of IT required on a permanent basis in Swindon, for an exciting and varied business who work heavily in the E-Commerce space. As Head of IT, you will take full ownership in developing and maintaining general IT, development infrastructure and security to ensure the organisation’s infrastructure scales with the business growth. As Head of IT, you can expect the following remuneration:
- Basic salary of up to £55,000 (Potential Flexibility for the right candidate)
- 25 Days Holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Cover
- Flexible Working
As Head of IT, your day-to-day role will include but will not be limited to:
- Managing and improving the infrastructure of all core businesses, including own servers, hosted, AWS and all other infrastructure and networks.
- Manage all third-party software, security internet, network and device providers.
- Ensure consistency of network, internet and manage a team to ensure all devices are working.
- Manage, debug and maintain all software on the infrastructure related to e-commerce site such as DDOSX, CDN, caching software, database and all security software.
- Ensure the business is hosting using the right solution.
- Manage all cloud solutions, which is predominantly AWS.
- Take ownership and work with the MD to automate our manufacturing processes working with dev team to make this happen.
- Lead a team of 3
- Lead the GDPR & data compliance.
- Get involved in random technologies and help out where possible.
- Oversee the development process of multiple projects.
- Plan and implement projects in line with the company business strategy.
- Managing web and software development projects from end-to-end.
- Well organised, strong coordination, communication and planning skills.
- Proactive and motivated, with a strong willingness to learn and take ownership.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team to drive action and progress.
- Ability to understand business procedures and implement a plan to automate them.
To be considered for the Head of IT role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Excellent infrastructure skills required
- Ideally some AWS experience but other cloud technology experience will be considered.
- Experience in supporting and managing all systems and infrastructure, Networking, Hyper-V, Web Servers (Windows, Linux), Terminal Server, Windows Servers, Active Directory, Office 365, Exchange, Internet Connectivity, Wireless, SQL Databases, and Telephone Systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft software and network connectivity including TCPIP/LAN/WAN/VPN/Firewalls/NAS.
- Hands on support for all of the above.
- Forward thinking wanting to learn and use the latest tech.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in getting more information regarding the Head of IT role, please send your CV for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.