Head of IT - £100k Package
Head of IT required on a permanent basis for a dynamic and fast paced business that are looking to expand across South America and Europe. As Head of IT, you will be responsible for providing a secure, reliable and scalable physical infrastructure architecture that supports the production and preproduction platform environment to enable the business to meet regulatory requirements, customer SLAs and the growth demands. As Head of IT, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £90,000
- Annual Bonus of 10%
- 25 Days Holiday, plus bank holidays (30 days after 5 years)
- Private Pension Scheme
- Medical Cover
- Gym Membership
- Flexible Working (3 days in the office, 2 at home)
As Head of IT, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Meets SLAs for infrastructure performance and availability, works to reduce mean time between failures and mean time to recovery.
- Directly manage 10 people (with the view of increasing to 15-20 in the next year).
- Resolves incidents and service requests within SLA.
- Maintain accurate documentation regarding the infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with industry requirements
- Apply critical security patches and resolves critical vulnerabilities
- Defines and implements improvements to System Architecture
- Maintains systems’ compliance with standards and implements consistency between QA, UAT and production environments.
- Optimises data centre utilisation to manage costs.
- Conduct periodic failover tests for critical infrastructure.
- Responsible for the production and preproduction infrastructure architecture.
- Co-ordinates team activities and task prioritisation.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly system checks.
- Ownership for writing, reviewing and implementing changes to the organisation environments.
- Maintains systems documentation, ensuring it is maintained in line with change implementation. This includes Build Standards, Asset Register, Service Deployment, Build Process for provisioning new environments, system specific documentation, monitoring and alerting process and back-up policy.
- Reports on capacity, performance and recommendations for network architecture
- Proactively communicates status of tasks
- Automation of key tasks
- Security and resilience including scanning and patching cycles
To apply for the Head of IT role, you must possess the following skills / experience:
- Very strong Focus on Automation tools
- Strong experience with Firewalls, Switching, Virtualisation, Load Balancers
- Experience of directly managing large Infrastructure teams.
- Network Architectures including segmentation
- Security (PCI DSS preferred) Pen Testing, Patching
- Designing Architecture for resilience and availability
- Strong communicator, both written & oral. Able to explain technical issues and solutions to different levels of the organization including senior management and executives
If you meet the criteria for the Head of IT vacancy, please click apply today for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.