This exciting and innovative company within the Medical Devices/Clinical Trials industry is looking for an experienced Database Engineer who has experience working with development teams to help transition into Cloud.
We are looking for someone who has an extensive background in databases (MySQL or Oracle) although also knows how to go forward with handling data within a Cloud environment. We use our own industry specific Cloud although good experience with AWS, Azure or GCP is ideal.
Our solution sits on MySQL and Oracle Databases although we are now looking for a specialist who has experience working very closely with Developers, Support and Cloud teams to take our platform to the next level and assist the transition to Cloud.
The offices are based in Reading although most of the role can be completed remotely with the view of going into the offices once every few weeks.
The successful Cloud DBA will have/be;
- A DBA background with good experience with MySQL and/or Oracle
- Good experience using AWS, Azure or GCP
- Ability to work closely with different teams (Development, Support and Cloud Operations)
- Experience with data migration strategies and moving large scale production systems to cloud
- Experience with database performance tuning
- Database management tools
- Cloud Data Engineer/SysAdmin experience
In return you will be rewarded with up to £75k (dependent on experience), an excellent working environment and benefits.
If you think you could be a good fit for this role and you have the relevant skills needed to become a good Cloud DBA then send your CV across ASAP!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.