Cyber Security Operations Engineer
A global leader in technology intelligence solutions is looking to add a number of talented Security Operations Engineer’s to their teams. Role can be based remotely with some travel to HQ in Berkshire.
As the Cyber Security Operations Engineer you will be tasked with reducing the percentage of critical and major incidents. You will respond and resolve to all threats and security incidents coverign both Application adn Infrastructure systems.
In the role of Security Operations Engineer you will :
- Monitor, react to, investigate and respond to all real or perceived information security and cyber related events, issues, incidents, threat and attacks.
- Determine the severity of alerts and security vulnerabilities, assess potential impacts, recommend next steps, follow through with risk treatment and mitigation
- Be involved in delivering incident readiness and preparedness service to include tabletop exercises, threat briefings, incident playbooks etc.
- Help to educate the organisation around Security issues.
- Run aux or war room when required.
To secure the Security Operations Engineer role you will have:
- Experience of the delivery of Security Operations, Incident management and response.
- Carried out Real Time monitoring of security systems and telemetry (logs, alerts) and other information (e.g. threat intelligence feeds) supplied by various tools and systems: Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Log Monitoring, Traffic Inspection, Anomaly detection and SIEM through Observability Platform such as Sumologic
- Worked with information Security defence and intelligence frameworks such as the Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK etc.
- Experience of Penetration and threat testing.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Cloud IAAS/PAAS and CNCF – Cloud Native Technologies (K8S, Nats streaming, Micro-services, Sumologic, IdP and Oath solutions, Open Data Telemetry stds) and particularly their security protection capabilities
A great opportunity to further your career in Operation Cyber Security with a real global leader.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.