Software Developer (C#/.NET) – Remote
Software Developer (C#/.NET) required on a permanent basis for a bespoke software development and consultancy practice, specialising in eCommerce particularly in the books and music industries. Their clients range from online sellers of books on Amazon and eBay, through to wholesale distributors of music product, right up to vinyl record manufacturing plants. Their clients are all small companies with < 100 employees, based in the UK and North America, that have IT requirements far beyond the norm for their size. The sorts of projects they undertake are integrating client systems with new online marketplaces to sell millions of unique titles, building sophisticated pricing algorithms, as well as building custom ERP-style software to fit unusual business processes in warehousing, logistics and manufacturing. As a Software Developer, you will own the whole software development project lifecycle,
including liaising with the client to understand the problem and presenting initial solutions. As a Software Developer, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £50,000
- Annual Bonus of up to 5%
- 25 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Full Remote Working
As a Software Developer, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Liaise with clients to understand the problem and lead requirements analysis activities.
- Present / Design initial solutions and ideas, gaining maximum client buy in whilst doing so.
- Hold overall responsibility for programming the solution and coordinating the rollout of the software.
- Work with the users who will be using the system you’ve built day-to-day and deal with any follow up issues.
- Embed yourself within different clients and take a lead on a variety of projects, predominantly working with small-medium sized businesses.
To be considered for the Software Developer vacancy, you must possess the following skills / experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with a range of clients.
- A passion for problem solving and embracing change.
- Strong experience around C# / SQL Server, doing either web or desktop development.
- Strong understanding / experience in using Microsoft Azure.
- Good TSQL skills, including complex queries and stored procedures.
If you meet the criteria above for the Software Developer vacancy, are keen to work for a business that genuinely make a difference to their clients and want to work on a range of interesting projects, then please apply today for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.