Platform Engineer (Puppet) - Swindon
Platform Engineer required on a permanent basis, working for one of the most exciting and innovative businesses in the market. As a Platform Engineer, you will work with Engineering teams to deliver platforms working with Puppet, drive efficiency to support the business and engineering department. As a Platform Engineer, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £55,000
- 5% Annual Bonus
- 25 Days Holiday – 30 days after 5 years, and 1 day every year after up to 40 days.
- Private Pension Scheme
- Medical Cover
- Income Protection
- Gym Membership (When they’re open!)
As a Platform Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing and Supporting of the pipeline to deliver platforms into multiple environments
- Support the build process to enable the business to deliver software to their customers across multiple environments
- Ensure that platforms created or migrated to the cloud are in line with our best practices and standards documents.
- Create and handover complete platforms to users, ensure strict adherence to users' requirements and relevant security measures.
To apply for the Platform Engineer position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Highly competent in working with Infrastructure Automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible and Chef.
- Experience and understanding around AWS.
- Experience of deploying and managing container technologies.
- Worked in a PCI DSS compliant environment.
- Linux (ideally Centos/RHEL, Amazon Linux)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
If you meet the criteria above for the Platform Engineer role and are interested in working for a rapidly growing business with an exciting future, then please send your CV for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.