Senior Infrastructure Engineer - VMWare
Senior Infrastructure Engineer required on a permanent basis for a globally expanding organisation with offices based in Swindon. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for the VMWare platform and associated storage systems that host all applications and internal systems, running in the data centres and offices. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £50,000
- Annual Bonus of 5%
- Gym Membership
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Cover
- Flexible Working
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Apply patches and updates to the software and hardware components on the vSphere platform.
- Monitoring of the vSphere platform and resolving issues.
- Plan and schedule changes to the vSphere platform.
- Provide and support tools for other teams to utilise the vSphere platform.
- Ensure the vSphere platform meets PCI security requirements.
- Collaboration and communication with other Infrastructure teams.
- Report on capacity and performance of the vSphere platform.
- Travel to data centres as required (once per week on average)
- Assist with and follow the ongoing Cloud Migration.
To apply for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer vacancy, you must possess the following skills / experience:
- Strong understanding and experience around VMWare vSphere Platform (ESXi and vCenter).
- Dell server hardware (PowerEdge)
- Dell Storage Hardware (PowerVault and SC Series)
- Networking experience.
- The ability to work methodically and ability to plan/manage your own workload is essential.
- An understanding around Linux and Windows operating systems would be advantageous.
- Scripting knowledge around PowerShell would also be a bonus.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in the Senior Infrastructure Engineer vacancy, please click apply for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.