Senior Data Engineer
- Leading Financial Services organisation
- Join a rapidly scaling Data & Analytics team
- Chance to work on a greenfield Snowflake implementation
Do you have broad skills in Data Engineering and Data Warehouse development? Experience in Data Ingestion, Data Integration and designing and implementing ETL pipelines on various technologies? Data Modelling experience? If the answer is YES and you want to take your data career to the next level then read on...
This leading and highly respected FS organisation are about to embark on a major Snowflake implementation and in a lead role you will oversee a small team of Data Engineers across a range of exciting projects.
This is a new team and processes are yet to be defined so you will therefore need to set the direction and take your team on a journey as you lead the design, build and implementation of Data pipelines onto the Snowflake platform from a variety of input data source formats, frequencies and latencies. You will work with key business consumers to prototype, build and enhance data interfaces, reporting data marts and analytical models and will play a key role in leading the charge with innovation and experimentation, driving an automation-first mindset.
To be considered you will be a Senior Data Engineer with the following skills and experience:
- Really strong data warehouse fundamentals across data quality, profiling and modelling
- Experienced in ETL/ELT techniques integrating into Data Warehouse solutions
- Solid understanding of Relational Databases & Data Warehouse methodology such as Kimball, Inmon & Data Vault.
- Knowledge of various architectures and methodologies like metadata management, performance management and handling data quality issues
- Experience working in a DevOps environment including Agile, Scrum or Kanban project management methodology
- Developing in Cloud environments such as Azure, Snowflake, AWS, etc.
Alongside these skills, you must also be a keen learner, inquisitive towards new technologies and methods and will have a positive, team-focused attitude and mindset as well as strong problem-solving skills.
On top of the training and exposure to cutting-edge tech mentioned above, you can expect a competitive salary of £65k-£75k plus an annual bonus (9%) and a superb 12% non-contributory pension. Other perks include private medical, life, 25 days holiday and flex bens including discounted gym and dental. There are also superb Maternity/Paternity schemes and a range of other family/lifestyle benefits.
This is a hybrid role with lots of flexibility to work from home with the occasional visit to the office.
If you are a Senior Data Engineer who wants to make a real impact in a global FS business AND get to grips with the latest cloud tech then APPLY NOW
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.