Enterprise Architect - Financial Services
- End-user role at a leading Financial Services organisation
- Voted a Glassdoor top 20 UK Best Places to Work in 2022
- Highly collaborative environment with excellent learning & development on offer
- Wide range of exciting and challenging projects to work on
Enterprise Architect required by a leading FS organisation to work across a wide portfolio of challenging and exciting projects and change programs.
This dynamic business is expanding its Architecture Team and they are now seeking an Enterprise Architect who can help take projects and change initiatives from ideation through to high-level design and delivery, working collaboratively with architects at a range of levels from different domains.
With increasing demand and requirements there will be plenty of challenges to get stuck into, from strategic projects such as improving digital capability and maturity to driving API uplift, decommissioning apps, improving legacy as well as cost reduction initiatives…no two days will be the same and the investment being made into technology by this organisation is significant.
You will be responsible for developing architecture roadmaps within specific domain areas balancing longer-term strategy with more immediate tactical needs always ensuring a pragmatic and practical approach is applied. You will possess a strong business acumen (ideally in the insurance or financial services domain) which is supported by a background in technology and will have the skills and ability to cut through the noise and get right to the heart of how technology can resolve business challenges.
If you are interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced and challenging environment where you will get a lot of autonomy (and support), work on lots of interesting and cool projects and get the opportunity to set direction and drive then this is the role for you.
To be considered you will either be an established Enterprise Architect looking for a new challenge OR you may be a strong Solution Architect who is making their first steps into Enterprise Architecture.
The following experience and skills are required:
- Experience as an Enterprise Architect (or a Solution Architect stepping up to an EA role), ideally within financial services or insurance
- Experience in working across diverse architecture teams in the successful delivery of strategy and solution outcomes
- Experience in defining the strategic architecture direction for an organisation or a significant business domain/unit
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to understand stakeholder issues and provide solutions to become a trusted advisor
- Strong collaboration skills and experience of working effectively with technical teams, business teams, other architects and senior stakeholders.
- Strong ability to understand the application of technologies and provide an explanation of a solution and subsequent business impacts against the overall strategy
- TOGAF qualified or equivalent industry recognised architectural qualification is preferred
The successful candidate can expect a salary of up to £78k plus an annual bonus of 9% and a superb 12% Non-contributory pension. Other perks include Private Medical, Life, Income Protection, 25 days holiday and flex benefits such as discounted gym, dental, etc. There are also superb Maternity/Paternity schemes (up to 3 months off paid) and a host of other family-friendly benefits.
This is a hybrid role that offers a lot of flexibility to work from home, flex hours around family commitments, sports, hobbies, etc. to ensure there is a fantastic work/life balance. Office locations are in Swindon, Wiltshire and Fareham, Hampshire and you can expect to visit one of these offices once or twice a month (but not a strict rule). Of course, if you prefer being in the office more frequently then that is also fine.
If you want to take your career as an Enterprise Architect to the next level in a company that really looks after you, gives you a good work/life balance and a huge pipeline of exciting projects then apply NOW
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.