Project Support Engineer
Project Support Engineer required on a permanent basis for a globally expanding FinTech organisation who are expanding their Service Operations team. As a Project Support Engineer, you will be part of a larger team who collectively deliver a world class seamless 24/7 IT Service Operation support, by using effective system monitoring and providing a professional, highly engaged, technical able workforce. As a Project Support Engineer, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £42,000
- Annual Bonus of up to 10%
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Cover
- Income Protection
- Gym Membership
- Flexible Working
As a Project Support Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Producing key KPI data into dashboards and presentations, regularly shared internally and beyond.
- Running small internal Projects targeted around the tools and services.
- Explore and maintain best in class tools and workflows to enable the success of the overall service.
- Owning and acting as the SME of all Service Operations business critical tools.
- Resolving tool based internal and external ticket requests relating to the suite of products, from monitoring tools to ticket management tools, Major Incident management and client portal tools etc.
- Application UI Configuration, Workflow Configuration.
- Development of required specific reporting and requirement integration components.
- Software license management.
- 3rd Party supplier relationship ensure we exhaust the services paid for.
- Driving process definition, re-engineering, improvement, and gap analysis of current/to-be processes during workshops with key sponsors and stakeholders.
- Developing required documentation such as workshop agenda, presentations, gap analysis reports, process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities.
- Managing and communicating ITSM process and business requirements.
- Routine system administration including manage user accounts, manage support group changes (additions, changes, adding/removing members), provide users with access/roles within the system.
- Add new, improve overall navigation of system that launch reports, lists of data, or dashboards
To apply for the role of Project Support Engineer, you must have the following skills / experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity.
- Experience in a 24x7 operating environment.
- Understanding of project delivery frameworks (PMBOK, Prince2, or AGILE).
- Understanding of IT related risk including identification of opportunities.
- Must be able to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and teams.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills (proficiency in Visio, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Proven experience as a key technical resource leading the implementation, integration and configuration of ITSM/ITOM Platform solution.
- Strong understanding and experience (2+ years) with leading ITSM/ITOM platform (preferred Jira Service Management).
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the ITIL best practise framework.
- Led ITIL and ITSM process development including extensive experience with Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management.
- Understanding of governance and management of Enterprise IT.
- Technical background: Operations/Infrastructure / Application Support or Application Development
If you meet the requirements above and are interested in applying for the Project Support Engineer vacancy, please send your CV today for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.