Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer required on a permanent basis for an exciting Managed Service Provider who are very well established with an excellent reputation within the market. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be a trusted technical advisor engaging your teammates and working with partners to build new and develop existing technical service offerings that will address our clients’ requirements. You will primarily focus on pre-sales and project work, specifically around Network, Wireless and Security products. As a Senior Network Engineer, you can expect the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £85,000
- Annual Bonus of up to 7.5%
- Car Allowance of £3,600 (£300 per month)
- Remote Working (When not travelling to client sites)
- Pension Scheme (Up to 5% matched)
- Free Gym/Swimming Pool Membership
- Other discounts
- Extensive Training and Development opportunities
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Being the subject matter expert within the networking and security arena and be the ultimate “go-to” person for your assigned technologies areas and product sets.
- Being responsible for acting as the technical lead on projects and taking overall ownership of technical design standards for your assigned technology stacks and product sets.
- Creating technical documentation, such as Low-Level Designs, deployment standards and handover into service documents.
- Working ‘hands-on’ building and delivering technical solutions.
- In your assigned SME area progress technical solutions from solution requirements to high-level design,
- Building relationships with teammates, partners, vendors, and clients that will facilitate solution delivery.
- In your assigned SME area undertake pre-sales activities as required and provide expert technical input into pre-sales requirements, including pre-sales demonstrations and identifying opportunities highlighted during client interactions.
- Collaborating with the team and share knowledge, as mentoring others in the team is an area of significant importance in this role.
- Working with the Solution Architecture team, as well as the CTO and the marketing team, to develop the technical strategy for your assigned technology area. This will include creating and maintaining standardised designs, marketing collateral and training requirements for your assigned technology area.
To apply for the Senior Network Engineer position, you must possess the following skills/experience:
- CCNP certified (R&S and Security) with the willingness to study towards CCIE.
- Design, configuration and support of network security products and services.
- Experience working with Enterprise Networking technologies, including traditional LAN and WAN, cloud, and visualization.
- Experience or strong interest in software-defined networking virtualised compute, cloud, storage, datacentre solutions and managed service offerings.
- Experience progressing client engagements from requirements gathering to design and through to implementation of network solutions, across security, routing, switching, data centre and wireless technologies.
- Creation of HLD, LLD, handover documentation, runbooks and other technical documentation that will support projects through their lifecycle.
- Experience of stakeholder management and influencing technical and commercial decision-makers.
- Experience with Network Security products: Cisco ISE, SDA/Cisco DNA Center, Cisco ASA/FirePOWER, Cisco AMP, Cisco Umbrella, SecureX, AMP.
- Enterprise Networking experience, including traditional LAN, WAN, network virtualisation, Cisco, and Meraki.
- SDN, Cisco SD-WAN, virtualised compute, Cisco ACI (desirable).
- Cloud, AWS, Azure, Automation and Cloud Connectivity (desirable).
If you meet the criteria above for the Senior Network Engineer vacancy, please apply today for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.