Release Manager – Swindon / Remote
Release Manager required on a permanent basis for a globally expanding organisation within the FinTech space. As a Release Manager, you will be responsible for planning and coordinating releases of software from test through to production, ensuring releases are effectively tracked, approved, and handed over to operations. As a Release Manager, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £65,000
- Annual Bonus of 10%
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme (6%)
- Medical Cover
- Gym Membership
- Flexible Working
As a Release Manager, your day-to-day role will consist of but will not be limited to:
- Work across the delivery teams to identify and plan future releases.
- Create and maintain a suitable schedule and communicate this to wider stakeholders.
- Ensure that releases are fully approved from a QA, Security and Operations perspective, acting as a gate keeper to ensure process and approvals have been met.
- Manage risks and resolve challenges that impact release scope, quality, and schedules.
- Capture and support release KPIs including average release times, number of errors and release delays.
- Ownership of release process documentation, including provision of standardised release notes.
- Contribute to identifying and driving forward improvements to the release process, aiming for a “frictionless” process.
To apply for the Release Manager vacancy, you must have the following skills / experience:
- Commercial experience of planning and managing technical releases in an agile environment.
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC.
- Proven experience of providing appropriate status reporting, particularly to senior management.
- Scaled agile practices, ideally SAFe, less or disciplined agile.
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment would be beneficial and/or a background in Software Development / Testing.
- Understands the design and management of pipelines, release dependencies, risks, and issues.
If you meet the criteria above for the Release Manager vacancy, please apply today for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.