Network Support Engineer
Network Support Engineer required on a permanent basis for a well-established SME based in Wiltshire. As a Network Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing a full range of services across Cisco Networking and Infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for somebody to expand their existing skill set / knowledge. As a Network Support Engineer, you can expect to receive the following remuneration:
- Basic salary of up to £32,000
- Car Allowance of £3,600
- On call allowance of £2,500
- Annual Bonus of up to 7.5%
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme (5% Matched)
- Gym Membership
- Flexible Working (WFH 4 days per week)
- Private Medical Cover
As a Network Support Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Work as part as a single point of contact for all customer requests (incident and service request) via telephone, emails and ITSM system
- Take ownership of Incidents and Service Requests through to resolution, ensuring that tickets which cannot be resolved at the Support Desk are escalated as required
- Troubleshoot desktop, network, and system problems, diagnose, and solve hardware/software Incidents/problems in line with the agreed SLA’s
- To follow up on ticket status on behalf of the user and communicate progress promptly
- Establishing a good working relationship with third party suppliers
- Install, configure, maintain, and support network infrastructure
- Configuring and troubleshooting network connections in a Wireless, LAN, WAN environments
- Network monitoring and maintenance to agreed service levels for customers infrastructure using the company’s monitoring tools
- Contribute to the knowledgebase and assist in keeping documentation up to date following all agreed processes and procedures
- Perform Security Advisory review tasks for customers providing detailed analysis of possible version upgrades and for existing customer equipment.
- Contribute and assist with database of customer passwords and credentials using updated policies.
To apply for the Network Support Engineer, you must possess the following skills / experience:
- Strives to exceed customer expectations
- Analytical and Logical approach with ability to multi-task
- Experience of a Service Desk Environment
- Knowledge of supporting Network and Security devices or equivalent experience
- Good interpersonal skills with a desire to give excellent, proactive, customer service
- Good spoken and written English, Well organised and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel to other sites across the UK, and use own initiative
- Active team player, with flexible working attitude and provide out of hours support on an on-call rota
- CCNA certification would be ideal.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in applying for the Network Support Engineer vacancy, please apply today for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.