Head of IT – Swindon / Remote
Head of IT required on a permanent basis for a globally expanding organisation that is building scalable software solutions that will be used by millions of people around the globe. As Head of IT, you will lead a team that provides a secure, stable, scalable, and repeatable infrastructure architecture that supports the production and preproduction environments.
As Head of IT, you can expect to receive the following remuneration:
- Basic salary of up to £90,000
- Annual Bonus of 10%
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Cover
- Gym Membership
- Flexible / Hybrid Working
As Head of IT, your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of but will not be limited to:
- Maintain ownership of disaster recovery planning, assist risk and compliance with business continuity planning, and administer regular DR tests for the production environments.
- Pursue the decommission of data centres in alignment with wider business objectives.
- Coordinates team activities and task prioritisation.
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly system checks are completed with audibility.
- Own, administer and evolve infrastructure change control.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance and review of build standards, asset register, service deployment, build process for provisioning new environments, system-specific documentation, monitoring and alerting process, and backups.
- Reports on capacity, performance, and recommendations for network, storage, and compute infrastructure.
- Proactively communicates the status of tasks.
- Automates key tasks where necessary.
- Ensure hardware, software and OS are patched up to date in line with compliancy requirements.
To apply for the Head of IT vacancy, you must have the following skills/experience:
- Ability to manage multi-disciplined teams of Engineers and Department leads within a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Be methodical and well organised, able to plan your own workload and track progress against a plan.
- Strong communicator, both written and oral. Able to explain technical issues and solutions to different levels within the organisation including senior management and non-technical staff members.
- Build strong relationships with other departments, primarily Operations, Engineering, Security, and Cloud Platforms.
- Knowledge of AWS would be highly beneficial.
- A broad understanding across Firewalls (Checkpoint preferred), Switches (Cisco Nexus preferred), ESXi, vSphere, Load Balancers, Complex LAN architectures including segmentation, Security compliance frameworks (PCI DSS preferred), Pen Testing, and Patching.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.