Global Data Protection Manager - 12 Month FTC
Join a growing IT Security & Data Protection team at an organisation that is making a real difference globally!
This organisation is one of the top charities in the world and they are now seeking a Global Data Protection Manager to join their team initially on 12 Month FTC with a mix of skills in information security and legal (European GDPR and DPA 2018) to join them on their journey to meet their data protection obligations.
As GDPM you will help the team to build a data protection culture and drive the full implementation process from end to end. You will help drive compliance with the data protection framework (including GDPR and DPA 2018 compliance) through transparent data protection policies, systems and procedures that embed data protection into global operations, by helping develop data protection training and by monitoring internal compliance. You will also provide support to the Data Protection Steering Committee and will co-ordinate and chair the Data Protection Working Group.
This will be a varied, challenging role where you will address any gaps in GDPR compliance and establish risk-based gap remediation programmes as well as aim to mature Data Protection across the globe for the organisation. To be considered you will be a Data Protection Officer who has previous experience of working within a large, complex, data-driven business and will have the following experience and skills:
- Expert knowledge of data protection legislation, in particular the GDPR, and a good understanding of other major privacy frameworks and legislation
- In-depth knowledge and experience of IT and data management systems and technologies (a knowledge of cybersecurity risks and information security standards is also desirable)
- Experience in managing data incidents and breaches
- Ability to make good judgements regarding data privacy risks and to prioritise resources and activity around managing those risks
- Strong change and project management skills including the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively and handle multiple deadlines
- Experience in developing policy and compliance training
- Certified EU GDPR Practitioner qualification (essential)
Also essential are professional interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact with people at all levels. This role will suit someone who can work unsupervised, exercise leadership and influence change. Other qualifications such as ISO27001 Lead Implementer or other IT Security certification such as CISSP, CISM would be desirable as would any other recognised privacy qualifications e.g. CIPP, ISEB, C-DPO.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package including 30 days holiday (plus bank hols), generous pension with employer contributions from 5.5% to 13.5%, season ticket loan, cycle scheme, eye tests and other perks.
Initially, this role will be based remotely (in line with current lockdown guidelines) but will then shift to working from this organisation’s fantastic West End office which has easy access to Leicester Square, Piccadilly and Charing Cross stations. There will be flexibility to work from home and flexible hours are also available.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.