IT Systems Engineer
This innovative and award winning market leader is looking for an IT Systems Engineer to work closely with the development team and will be responsible for supporting a proprietary low latency distributed system and application.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and passionate IT Systems Engineer to be responsible for building, maintaining, and troubleshooting our rapidly expanding infrastructure, you will demonstrate superb technical competency, deliver critical infrastructure mission and ensure the highest level of availability, performance and team security.
Other responsibilities include;
- Maintaining inventory and troubleshooting of IT infrastructure
- Configuring, implementing and maintaining our applications using tools such as; Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus, Zabbix, OpsGenie and others
- Configuring, implementing and monitoring of VMware
- Be a part of 24x7 team to perform all maintenance operations globally
- Perform changes to OS, databases, applications, servers, storage as well as backups
The successful IT Systems Engineer will have/be:
- End user support on MacOS
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as a Code
- Experience working with Ansible
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
Also of interest:
- Being capable of maintaining the local inventory
- End user support on Windows
- Experience in one or more database platform (PostgreSQL, MySQL or MS SQL)
In return you will be rewarded with up to £45k (dependent on experience), an excellent working environment and benefits.
If you think you could be a good fit for this role and you have the relevant skills needed to become a good IT Systems Engineer send your CV across ASAP!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.