Network Engineer – Remote / Swindon
Network Engineer required on a permanent basis for a globally expanding, exciting and dynamic business based in the FinTech sector. As a Network Engineer, you be part of tight-knit team that take overall responsibility for building and maintaining the data centre, cloud, and office networks. As a Network Engineer, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £50,000
- Annual Bonus of 5%
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Cover
- Gym Membership
- Hybrid (Flexible working available)
As a Network Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Meeting SLAs for infrastructure performance and availability, works to reduce mean time between failures and mean time to recovery
- Resolves incidents and service requests within SLA
- Maintaining accurate documentation regarding the infrastructure
- Ensuring compliance with PCI requirements
- Applying critical security patches and resolving critical vulnerabilities within 30 days
- implementing improvements to Network Architecture
- Maintaining systems compliance with standards and implementing consistency between QA, UAT and production environments
- Optimising data centre utilisation to manage costs
- Producing repeatable work, that is documented by scripts and stored in version control systems
To apply for the Network Engineer vacancy, you must possess the following skills / experience:
- Skills in traditional / on-premise networking.
- Recent experience with cloud technology, ideally AWS to support the AWS strategy of the wider business.
- Experience with Cisco Switches and Routers, Checkpoint firewalls and Fortigate firewalls.
- Strong TCP/IP & Ethernet experience, including cabling and fibre optics.
- Awareness of WAN technologies, such as MPLS
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in applying for the Network Engineer vacancy, please send your CV for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.