As a Functional Safety Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining General
Requirements for functional safety, and thus ensuring that products will meet the standards required
by customers. The role includes actively following development of legislation globally, and most likely
participation in workgroups in the field of functional safety. You will be monitoring and reviewing
internal test planning, and as a functional safety engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the
organization with assessing the development from an electrical hardware perspective. You are expected to
follow-up and report progress. You will use your knowledge and new findings continuously to develop and
refine General Requirements in the field of functional safety. You will direct and address the functional
safety view in all stages of development.
You will also:
· Support concept selection at vehicle architecture, system and component level.
· Monitor internal development of electronics and electrical systems from a functional safety
point of view.
· Support the development, validation and verification methodologies and procedures.
· Support Engineers across the organization in applying Your General Requirements in System
and component specifications.
· Support development of fail-safe and fail-operational systems for AD level 2 and up. (Autonomous
· Evaluate the feasibility of development plans and technical proposals.
· Establish and maintain internal and external networks.
Education and Experience:
· Master Degree (or equivalent experience) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Physics
· Application knowledge of electronic design considerations in the automotive domain
· Engineering experience from working in the Functional safety, ISO 26262 and more. (design &
methodology), minimum 5 years
· Experience from hands on Electronics design (PCB, Electronics circuit design, component design &
selection) is desirable
· Ability to communicate clearly in English, both spoken and written. Knowledge of Swedish and/or
Mandarin Chinese desirable
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.