Linux Support Engineer
Linux Support Engineer required for an exciting and growing organisation based in Swindon. As a Linux Support Engineer, you will play a key role in ensuring smooth running of the technical operations team and providing ongoing support in line with SLAs. As a Linux Support Engineer, you can expect the following remuneration package:
• Salary of up to £36,000 (DOE)
• 5% Annual Bonus (Based on Personal & Company Objectives)
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (Buy & Sell up to 5 days holiday per year)
• Personal Pension Scheme (6% Employer Contribution)
• Income Protection
• Subsidised Gym Membership (£20 contribution per month towards a gym membership)
• Life Assurance
• Monthly social events
As a Linux Support Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
• Analyse, Develop and Test issues raised by Operations, QA and Product Support Departments.
• Liaise with Development teams to ensure consistency in any code changes, providing extensive support with platform releases.
• Monitor ticket queries, providing timely updates and sharing feedback with key stakeholders.
• Improve Platform Operations including alerting, monitoring and processes.
• Supporting junior members of the team by providing training and general support.
To be considered for the Linux Support Engineer vacancy, you must possess the following skills/experience:
• Strong experience of working within a support environment.
• Strong skills around SQL/PL-SQL.
• Strong understanding around Linux Scripting and Java code analysis.
• Basic Linux understanding.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, confident in dealing with stakeholders.
• Willingness to challenge technical problems and proactively suggest solutions.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.