The benefits you will receive:
- A salary up to £70,000 (depending on experience)
- A 15% Bonus based on achievements of targets.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, which increases with service.
- Remote working.
- 13:30 finish on a Friday.
• Previous experience of developing software architecture and planning for expansion of functions/features.
• Ability to think "outside the box" and suggest alternative design methods which promote future development and speed up development.
• Previous experience of developing applications within the Windows environment, especially Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10, including applications that utilise touchscreen interface.
• Knowledge of version control software and issue reporting software. SVN Subversion and Bugzilla is advantageous.
• Development of software applications which interface with machine control systems (i.e. PID loops).
• Experience of various communication protocols, i.e. USB, LAN, RS232.
• Previous design experience with embedded control systems, firmware design.
• Previous team management and allocation of workload.
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Project packages
Non-Essential but Desirable Requirements:
• Experience using SVN Subversion and Bugzilla software for version control and issue reporting/management.
• Knowledge of Diesel Common Rail and Gasoline Direct fuel injection systems and their working principles on engine.
• Previous knowledge and experience with hydraulic and electrical control systems, ideally pressure/flow control and quantity measurement.
Expected skills & competencies
• Be ‘customer' focused with a ‘Can Do' attitude.
• A multi-tasker and a finisher.
• An original thinker with a pro-active approach to problem solving and suggesting new ideas.
• An ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Be a team player, comfortable working in a small team and building strong professional relationships.
• Have the ability to organize and take accountability for their own work.
• Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Be flexible and keen to assist in a variety of ways on a variety of projects.
• Degree educated (or equivalent) - qualification in software engineering, or similar discipline.
• Vocational training and qualifications in specialism over career well regarded
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.