Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer required on a permanent basis for a specialist organisation based in Swindon. As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for performing overall testing and validation of products against outlined specifications. As a Software Test Engineer, you can expect the following remuneration package:
• Salary up to £27,000
• 25 Days Holiday, plus bank holidays
• Flexible Working/Hours
• Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free Parking
• Eye Test Contribution
• Sickness Benefit
As a Software Test Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of but will not be limited to:
• Designing and Maintaining test cases for new software features, system testing and regression testing.
• Plan and execute tests for sprint and major releases, working as a key part of the Scrum team.
• Work with internal/external stakeholders for UAT and release management.
• Driving continuous improvement regarding the testing process to improve efficiency, coverage and traceability.
• Proactively supporting with Automation activities, getting more involved in these over time.
• Assist the Software team with classification and prioritisation of new requirements and incidents.
• Develop test scripts and introduce scenarios to assist in the investigation of incidents.
To apply for the Software Test Engineer vacancy, you must have the following skills/experience:
• Experience of product testing – Electro-Mechanical, Embedded Software or Windows environments would be a huge advantage.
• Strong IT skills and the ability to configure and setup systems.
• Able to effectively analyse problems and communicate effectively to wider stakeholders.
• An understanding/appreciation for Agile methodology.
• Previous experience with JIRA would be a desirable.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in the Software Test Engineer vacancy, please apply today!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.