Functional Software Test Lead
Functional Software Test Lead required on a permanent basis for a fast paced, dynamic and expanding organization based in Swindon. As a Functional Software Test Lead, you will act as a Functional Software Test Lead for Products or small projects on all functional testing areas within the organisation. You will lead a team of Test resources, working closely with Non-Functional and Technical Test Leads to ensure best and most effective testing approach is undertaken including data creation, to ensure quality throughout the delivery. As a Functional Software Test Lead, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £60,000
- Annual Bonus of 10%
- 25 Days Holiday, plus bank holidays (30 days after 5 years)
- Private Pension Scheme
- Medical Cover
- Gym Membership
- Flexible Working (3 days in the office, 2 at home)
As a Functional Software Test Lead, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Quality assurance of all development artefacts around new features developed or fixes within the product areas or platform.
- Take the functional lead of new approaches and continued improvement to testing practices.
- Produce quality metrics for releases Software meets or exceeds published metrics and quality benchmarks, quality delivery.
- Proactively contribute to the technical evolution of the business products and services.
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to more junior QA engineers as required.
- Work to and provide some input to the overall test strategy or approach as required.
- Where applicable identify and communicate any deviations needed for product or project testing, agree the approach with the QA Engineering manager and QA Leads.
- Responsible for the delivery of testing activities within the feature/workstream you’re managing.
- Help define test data needs during test preparation for your feature/workstream.
- Lead test scoping, test script creation and quality within product area and Projects.
- Provide progress and coverage reports for all testing quality – manual and automation.
- Produce the relevant test artefacts for the feature/workstream as required.
- Identify and manage data requirements during testing with your Product teams.
- Manage other QAs to meet delivery deadlines for the product area or project.
- Work within the boundaries of our Test Management toolset as defined in the overall testing strategy.
- If required, manage third parties and remote resources as assigned to your feature/workstream.
- Ensure data requirements are considered early as part of user story creation or refinement.
- Ensure data or config requirements are understood and included as part of continuous integration and deployment – including automation.
- Ensure data requirements are understood for data seeding during automation testing or test creation.
To apply for the Functional Software Test Lead vacancy, you must possess the following skills / experience:
- Significant or very good commercial experience of testing enterprise level systems that incorporate microservice architectures.
- Significant experience of one or more of the following: CI/CD, TDD and BDD tools and techniques, Functional Testing Methods, Some UI & Accessibility testing.
- Data creation and curation.
- DevOps practices and principles.
- ISTQB Foundation (minimum).
- Experience of some the following would be beneficial: Java, Automation Framework (Junit or Selenium / Cucumber), SQL, Linux, Jenkins, Jira & Confluence, API and Web Services (REST) and AWS Services.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.