Non Functional Software Test Lead
Non-Functional Software Test Lead required on a permanent basis for a fast paced, dynamic and expanding organization based in Swindon. As a Non-Functional Software Test Lead, You will be actively planning, shaping and delivering on all aspects of non-functional requirements from within and actively working across the teams within the organisation to deliver the best test approach and frameworks. You will be working closely with stakeholders to define, expand or maintain the NFRs, strategy and approach including performance related requirements. You will equally help derive best practice and continuous improvement from within. As a Non-Functional Test Lead, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £60,000
- Annual Bonus of 10%
- 25 Days Holiday, plus bank holidays (30 days after 5 years)
- Private Pension Scheme
- Medical Cover
- Gym Membership
- Flexible Working (3 days in the office, 2 at home)
As a Non-Functional Test Lead, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Working collaboratively with Technology teams and business representatives to define, develop, maintain and deliver the non-functional requirements (i.e. performance, security and OAT).
- Defining the non-functional testing strategy across all areas of testing (performance, security and operational acceptance) and gain agreement across all stakeholders, plus continuously reviewing the non-functional requirements.
- Derive processes and approaches for all non-functional testing including performance testing.
- Work with both Development QA and Central QA to ensure that the non-functional test methodologies and principles are embedded into QA and testing practices.
- Work with a multi-discipline, multi-site product teams with focus on Non-functional test delivery including performance.
- Contribute to the creation of test planning artefacts in conjunction with the Functional Test lead & Technical Test Lead (or in isolation as required) following an established approach which seeks to determine test scope and associated details through analysis of the NFRs, support and other internal requirements, solution designs, business processes and release schedules.
- Create and own the Non-Functional testing strategy (Separate performance test approach) in conjunction with PPS standard approaches. Coordinate with the delivery teams and ensuring adherence to the Non-Functional strategy, processes and frameworks.
- Take responsibility for the successful completion of non-functional testing within the business; identifying gaps in skill sets and highlighting training requirements within the teams where necessary.
- Direct performance/security/OAT resources to be automation aware for all aspects of testing where possible and help manage teams to ensure manual and automation activities are fully aligned to the agreed frameworks and processes – working closely with the QA Technical Lead as required.
- Act as a key advisor on Non-Functional needs from a QA perspective within the delivery teams and you will also engage with any 3rd parties (if required) to help deliver on the NFRs outlined.
- Identify, understand, document and report on risks, issues and assumptions around automaton. You will champion continuous improvements and advise on cost benefits on additional or emerging performance or security testing tooling.
- Contribute all planning and reporting activity relating to non-functional testing into the delivery teams or directly if outside, plus working with third parties (if required) to ensure that these are completed in line with delivery timelines.
To apply for the Non-Functional Software Test Lead, you must possess the following skills / experience:
- Significant commercial experience of testing enterprise level systems that incorporate microservice architectures
- Significant experience of one or more of the following: TDD and BDD tools and techniques, performance & load testing, security testing, CI/CD
- Data creation and curation
- DevOps practices and principles
- ISTQB Foundation (minimum)
- Experience in any fo the following would be beneficial: Performance or load test tools (Blazemeter, Gatling etc), Java, Automation Framework (Junit or Selenium / Cucumber), SQL, Linux/Unix, Jenkins, Jira & Confluence, API and Web Services (REST), AWS Services, XML / JSON, SVN, Git, Ant, Maven, Tomcat, Apache
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in applying for the Non-Functional Software Test Lead, please click apply today for immediate consideration,
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.