Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer required on a permanent basis, working for an e-commerce business that have continuously excelled during the past 18 months. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support as well as projects/implementations across the business. We are happy to look at candidates that are currently working in a 2nd / 3rd line position and looking to take a step up. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of between £35-40k (DOE)
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Occasional Home Working
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Line management of one FTE, 1st line Helpdesk member
- Contribution to the technical roadmap, working with the IT Manager and other business stakeholders to ensure this is aligned with business needs.
- Act as an escalation point for more challenging issues received by the helpdesk, providing innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Ensure escalated infrastructure and systems helpdesk queries are processed efficiently in line with business expectations.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors for technical resolution and support with implementation.
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours support to the business on an “as and when required” basis.
- Provide and manage documentation of solutions, ensure documentation of resolutions to assist with future fixes.
To be considered for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you must have some of the following skills / experience:
- Experience of working in a helpdesk environment, providing 1st-3rd line Infrastructure support. Any knowledge around App support would be a bonus.
- Knowledge and experience around Microsoft Server, Microsoft 365 Administration / Migration, VMware 4.5-6, Dell Compellent SAN,
- Some understanding around SQL and data would be a “nice to have”.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in applying for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer vacancy, please click apply today for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.