Head of IT – Wiltshire
Head of IT required on a permanent basis for an industry leading organization based in Wiltshire. As Head of IT, you will deliver IT services across the group to both internal stakeholders and external clients. Your area of focus will span across Infrastructure, Software Development, System and Data Security, Service Delivery and overall IT strategy at board level. As Head of IT, you can expect to receive the following remuneration package:
- Basic salary of up to £80,000 (DOE)
- Flexible Working
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Events
As Head of IT, your day-to-day duties will consist of but not limited to:
- Lead, manage and develop a best practice IT team to deliver the organisations technology and data requirements with efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure continued compliance with PCI and GCRTS and other relevant standards
- Manage, plan and deliver quality IT changes across the organisation.
- Overseeing and evaluating technical operations to ensure continuous improvement
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies
- Analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configuration changes or new systems
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating contracts which are both aligned with the company strategy and values and are cost-efficient
- Line manage the IT department through supportive people management in line with company policies and values
- Monitor technical operations activity to delivery timely resolutions to client issues, queries and faults
- Ensure IT infrastructure is updated to latest versions of security patched and firmware upgrades
- Participate and take an active role in meetings, offering opinion, and driving productive discussion and effective questioning.
To apply for the Head of IT position, you must have the following skills, experience and background:
- Strong people management skills and the ability to lead large multi-disciplined teams.
- Experience in managing both Software Development teams and Infrastructure teams – You don’t need to be a coder but need to understand the principles of software development.
- Strong understanding of PCI standards / compliance.
- Natural leader with the ability to facilitate an environment which encourages and enables employees to reach their highest potential
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build effective relationships across all areas of the business and both internally and externally
- Calm and composed with the ability to manage multiple demands, clients and stakeholders
- Professional and trustworthy with high levels of integrity
If you meet the criteria above for the Head of IT vacancy, please apply today for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.